Being an athlete or martial arts expert and attending executive protection training does not make an individual a “Executive Protection Specialist“ or qualify an individual to become an instructor and mislead their students.
One who has attained the title “Executive Protection Specialist” is one who over many years in the industry has received some of the following:
- A wide-range of training in the art of executive protection
- Continuing education and training in the field of Executive Protection
- Proven record of working with other executive protection specialist in the industry
- Proven record of working protection details for both high and low profile clients
So what does this mean for you as the reader? It is as plain as day… Most Executive Protection Specialist and Instructors fit well within the scope of the items listed above. It is the few who for their own personal reasons have setup shop and gave themselves a title, which has not been and cannot be earned by merely attending executive protection training.
If you are seeking professional executive protection training from a reputable school please follow the protocol below:
- Seek information about the company which should be listed on their web-site
- Seek information about the instructor which should be listed on their web-site
- Click-on their “about us” link to learn about the their experiences and accreditations
- Check for a time-line (career) in the Art of Executive Protection
- Be cautious of additional offers they may use to draw you in, i.e. marital arts memberships, etc.
- Check and read messages which may be posted by the owner of the company
- If you cannot find this information seek a reputable school